via Houma Today By Jordon Legendre Staff Writer
The Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce presented community awards and introduced the 2017 officers and board of directors during its 88th annual banquet Wednesday night at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center.
The new chamber leadership is:
• Kathleen Theriot, Coaching for Change, chairwoman.
• Jason Bergeron, Technology Professionals, chairman-elect.
• Chad Hebert, Workforce Logistics, treasurer.
• Earl Eues Jr., KEE Environmental Services, immediate past chair.
• Michael Garcia, South Louisiana Medical Associates, community development.
• Paul Labat, Foundation for TGMC, chamber development.
• Mitchell Marmande, Delta Coast Consultants, infrastructure and economic development
• Chuck Weaver Jr., South Louisiana Financial Services, government activities.
Board of Directors:
• Melissa Adams, Danos.
• Doug Gregory, Morrison Terrebonne Lumber.
• Logan Babin III, Logan H. Babin Inc.
• Angie LeBlanc, Angela LeBlanc – ABL Ventures.
• Ann Barker, Terrebonne Ford.
• Mike Lewis, Big Mike’s BBQ Smokehouse.
• Natalie Campbell, Campbell Technology Consultants.
• David Rabalais, Terrebonne Port Commission.
• Roslyn Chauvin, Southdown Mini Storage.
• Janel Ricca, Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center.
• Mona Martin Christen, Mona & Company.
• Darlene Rodrigue, The Courier.
• Michel Claudet, Claudet Properties.
• John Rogers, Coastal Commerce Bank.
• Reggie Dupre, Terrebonne Levee & Conservation District.
• Brian Rushing, Rushing Media.
• William Eroche, Watkins, Walker, Eroche and Hoychick Attorneys at Law.
• Kristine Strickland, L.E. Fletcher Technical Community College.
Distinguished Diplomat Award
Judy Smart was honored for her leadership and desire to go “above and beyond the call of duty.”
Smart was said to be a constant presence around the community at ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, attending committee meetings, recruiting new members to the chamber and promoting the chamber in the community.
Chamber Star Award
Mona Martin Christen, of Mona & Co. Real Estate, won the award that “recognized an employee, manager or owner of a Chamber-member business or organization who exceeds expectations with regard to customer service, leadership and volunteer community involvement.”
Christen has been involved with fundraising efforts for 11 nonprofit organizations, including Voice of the Wetlands. In her role as fundraising director for the Chabert Medical Center Foundation, Christen has helped the organization raise $1 million for Chabert. Christen is also a founding member of the Women’s Business Alliance and was the first female president of the Kiwanis Club of Houma.
Community Champion Award
Stephanie Hebert Insurance Agency was honored for its dedication to the community. The award recognizes the contribution of chamber member companies whose care for the community is demonstrated in their support of local nonprofit organizations.
Eugene J. Folse Outstanding Veteran Award
Herc P. Daigneault, a World War II veteran who served in New Guinea as a technician fifth grade, was honored for his service.
Following his military service, Daigneault worked in banking for more than 40 years. He was also a founding member of the Catholic Youth Organization softball league and played on Houma’s first American Legion baseball team.
American Legion Teenager of the Year
Ellender Memorial High School senior Sahar Muhawesh was recognized by the American Legion’s Houma Post for her academic achievements, school involvement and commitment to community service. Muhawesh was also awarded a $1,000 scholarship in addition to the award.