Via Houma Today
By Julia Arenstam Staff Writer
Former Terrebonne Parish President Michel Claudet received The Courier’s Most Useful Citizen Award during the Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce’s 89th annual banquet tonight.
“I almost didn’t come tonight,” the stunned businessman and former public servant said after being given the award.
Claudet, who served two terms as parish president from 2008 to 2016, said his work to head-off rising flood insurance costs was one of his crowning achievements.
In 1996, he was given the Volunteer of the Year award for his work creating […]
Via Houma Today
Tickets are on sale for the Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce’s annual banquet and awards ceremony.
It’s scheduled for 6-9 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center.
At the banquet, the chamber will recognize its outgoing and incoming officers, give out several awards and recognize Terrebonne’s Teenager of the Year and the recipient of HTV’s Eugene Folse Outstanding Veteran award.
The Courier’s Terrebonne’s Most Useful Citizen for 2017 will also be named.
The keynote speaker will be Phil Roop, a Christian minister and motivational speaker […]
via Houma Today By Jordon Legendre Staff Writer
The Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce presented community awards and introduced the 2017 officers and board of directors during its 88th annual banquet Wednesday night at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center.
The new chamber leadership is:
• Kathleen Theriot, Coaching for Change, chairwoman.
• Jason Bergeron, Technology Professionals, chairman-elect.
• Chad Hebert, Workforce Logistics, treasurer.
• Earl Eues Jr., KEE Environmental Services, immediate past chair.
• Michael Garcia, South Louisiana Medical Associates, community development.
• Paul Labat, Foundation for TGMC, chamber development.
• Mitchell Marmande, Delta Coast Consultants, infrastructure and economic development […]