Job Description: Events & Communications Coordinator, Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Objective and Roles
The Events and Communications Coordinator plans, coordinates, secures event locations, implements, and conducts events to sustain, promote and increase the Chambers’ membership. The position is responsible for the overall communication strategy to include designing newsletters, brochures, fliers, writing news releases and articles, photography, layout and graphic design, social media management, and details related to all events.
- Develops strategies, maintain, and distribute all social media sites to members.
- Designs, writes, and coordinates delivery of monthly newsletter.
- Serves as web administrator to create and complete updates and new entries.
- Drafts and disseminates all press releases under the direction of the CEO.
- Coordinates events by following budget and timeline, securing location, menu, and venue media equipment for current and future events with the assistance of staff, board, and volunteers.
- Prepares and distributes all event information to members and media.
- Develops media presentations and printed materials such as signage, brochures, fliers, etc.… for all events.
- Develops and implements surveys and report, as needed.
- Serves as official chamber photographer for all events.
- Creates, Inputs, monitors, and maintains chamber software for all events.
- Other duties as required by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks. Time management and organizational skills are a necessity.
- College or university degree required. Course work in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Graphic Design, or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and Experience.
- Excellent organization, public relations, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral (public speaking) and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and maintaining websites.
- Knowledge and experience in various publishing software applications such as Adobe, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Social Media for business posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Knowledge and experience in various office software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable with networking.
- Possesses conflict resolution skills.
- Must be innovative and creative.
Equipment, Materials and Valuables
The following items are made available to each employee to perform their jobs. It is expected that they are used efficiently and properly as well as kept secure:
- Copy machine
- Fax machine
- AV equipment
Work is performed in an office setting with some work performed at various event locations which may be indoors or outdoors. Most events will require a great deal of networking. Some afterhours work is required.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent in the position. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
If you are interested in the position, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. For any questions, please contact the Houma Chamber Office at (985) 876-5600.